“Christians committed to genuine community”
Question to ponder: Can this community reflect what we’re studying (the Acts community) today?
It is the same Holy Spirit present, in us now…as then.
4 key features from this passage, that affirm what it looks like to be a complete community
- We are a learning church
- Devoted to teaching
- Devoted to fellowship (The Greek word for fellowship is “koinonia” and literally means “a partnership”)
- We are a sharing church
- We are a worshipping church
- We are a church on mission
“Without the Spirit of God, we can do nothing. We are as ships without the wind, branches without sap, and like coals without fire, we are useless.” – Charles Spurgeon
What are the implications then of us being a Spirit-led church?
- A Spirit-led church is a church devoted to Learning
- A Spirit-led church is devoted to Sharing
- A Spirit-led church is devoted to Worship
- A Spirit-led church is committed to Reaching Others